Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Birth of Josh

After being home for almost a week, I'm finally settled down to update my blog.

I was told by my gynae to induce Josh as he was rather heavy so on 18 Nov morning, we happily 'checked in' to Mount Alvernia hospital for induction. Unfortunately, I didn't dilate fully and Josh's heartbeat was erratic. I ended up with a c-sect. Though I was reluctant and told my gynae to give me more time, he said that the baby can't wait and we better not put his life at risk. Thus the decision was made.

It was a painful decision. I was bedridden for a day and the nurse has to help with everything and I feel like a handicap. To get down the bed on day 2 was a torture and I have to walk with a hunch. I can't cough, laugh, sneeze or have any big actions. However, seeing baby Josh makes me feel that it's all worthwhile.




No comments: