Ian has to recite a poem at the end of every month for his shichida class. He has to memorise the poem, then stand in front of his class and recite. This poem recital started about 3 months ago and initially, he insisted on reciting at his seat. Therefore, the teacher obliged.
However, for April and May recital, he actually volunteered to do it. I'm so proud of him because his hardwork (of memorising & presenting) has paid off and our daily practise will him has shown results. In fact, Shaine also memorises the poem too! And this has built up Ian's confidence to speak in front of the class.
April's Poem - A Happy Child
My house is red – a little house,
A happy child am I
I laugh and play the livelong day
I hardly ever cry
I have a tree, a green, green tree
To shade me from the sun;
And under it I often sit,
When all my work is done.
My little basket I will take,
And trip into the town;
When next I’m there I’ll buy some cake
And spend my bright half-crown.
May's Poem - Things I like
I like blowing bubbles, and swinging on a swing;
I love to take a country walk and hear the birdies sing.
I like little kittens, and I love puppies too;
And calves and little squealing pigs and baby ducks, don't you?
I like picking daisies, I love my teddy bear;
I like to look at picture books in daddy's big armchair.
No comments:
Post a Comment