Thursday, November 16, 2006

Trip to Genting

I brought the kids to Genting with my parents and sister last Sun for 3 days. Surprisingly, the kids survived the 6.5 hours journey without making any fuss. They have enjoyed the trip and it's a pity that papa can't join us.

Day 1:
The highlight of the day - Shaine lost mummy's diamond ring. I've took it out & put it on the dressing table. Shaine took & played with it & when I asked her where is the ring, she just cried. Everyone of us were frantically searching the whole hotel room for the ring while Shaine sat in the middle of the room to cry. I was so angry that I smack her quite hard (& I felt so guilty after that). Luckily, my mum found it on the seat of the stroller.


Day 2:
My mum had a windfall of RM900 therefore she said expenses will be on her. Haha...the benefits of travelling with parents, they pick up the tab.

We visited Mushroom farm and went for cable car ride. The timid Shaine was so still in the cable car. We have no chance to go outdoor theme park because it has been raining or drizzling.

In the evening, we took the kids to First World Indoor Theme Park. Shaine said she wanted to ride the horse (carousel) but the moment I placed her on it, she started crying, wanting to get down. It was worst when the carousel turned because she just fidgeted and struggled to get down. I managed to calm her and it was such a relief when the carousel finally stopped because the rest of the parents were looking & pointing at us.

It was the same situation when we went for the monorail. The moment the rail moved, she struggled to get down & we have to calm her down because we were up in the air. I was worried that the cabin would topple. Ian was happily enjoyed the lights though.

Day 3:
Walk around the hotel compound before we checked out. Our coach departed Genting at 2.30pm and we stopped for dinner around 7pm. My challenge - Change diaper in the dark. Ian poo-poo just after the coach moved off around 7.45pm. It was pitch dark in the coach and the driver won't stop until we reached JB custom. I thought Ian could tahan another hour but he can't. Luckily, one aunty lent us a torchlight so that I could change his diaper. Lesson learnt - bring a torchlight.

No comments: