Wednesday, January 21, 2009

HFMD

It is only the 2nd day of school and Shaine is down with fever. Decided to keep Ian at home and sent all 3 kids to my mum.

While at work, my mum said that Shaine complained of ulcers in the mouth and there were a few of them. My mum maciam doctor, confidently said that Shaine is having HFMD. I confirmed that when I got home as this is not the first time that Shaine has it and the symptoms are similar. The next day, I informed the school and Ian also has to be quarantined at home.

So we separated the boys from Shaine by leaving her with my mum. While she enjoys staying at my parents' place, when she is not well, she feels down. At night, she will call us to tell us that she missed us and Ian and that she wanted to go home. We have to explain to her why she can't be home.

Well, Ian and Josh developed the symptoms 3 days later and me, 4 days later. Since all of us are down with HFMD, there is no need to be separated besides Papa & the maid.

I can understand how the kids are feeling. My mouth were full of ulcers and it was so so so painful and difficult to eat. On my first day, I went without food almost for the whole day. Even drinking water is painful! Those tiny blisters on the hands and foot were very painful too.

All of us were given almost 2 weeks of MC. I was quite glad because I managed to spring clean the house for Chinese New Year.

No comments: