Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Appreciate your child(ren)

I visited a colleague's 4 yrs old daughter, Aisyah, in NUH Paediatric ICU today. It really pains me and I can't control my tears when I saw the frail little girl. She is connected with all the tubes and drips and is on the ventilator to help her breathe. She has been sleeping since last Wed because doctors put her on sedative so that she can rest the body. Aisyah's parents took the risk to transfer her from JB to NUH and it is a right decision.

Aisyah is down with malaria and dengue. It's really hard for such her young girl to be attacked by two bacteria. Everyone has been praying very hard for her recovery and we are glad that she is showing improvement. Aisyah will be off the ventilator tomorrow and she'll breathe on her own with the aid of an oxygen mask.

Seeing her makes me appreciate my children even more. Previously, I passed comments like their nose are too flat lah, no double eyelids lah etc. All these are immaterial as long as they are healthy. I believe most parents will agree with me.

No comments: